Monday, October 14, 2013

Stabbed THEN Mugged in KL by Dave Ramsay: Very near Hard Rock Cafe, not @ Hard Rock Cafe - virtualtourist.com @ SAYS.com

Dave Ramsay's personal account of the unfortunate incident somewhere very near Hard Rock Cafe KL (http://www.hardrock.com/locations/cafes3/cafe.aspx?LocationID=18&MIBEnumID=3)

Stabbed THEN Mugged in KL
http://www.virtualtourist.com/travel/Asia/Malaysia/Wilayah_Persekutuan/Kuala_Lumpur-1282074/Warnings_or_Dangers-Kuala_Lumpur-Theft_Pickpocketing-BR-1.html
by DaveRamsay Updated Oct 6, 2013 1 reviews
3.5 out of 5 starsHelpfulness

Chest stabbed 6 inches below shoulder.
On Saturday (5th Oct 2013) we were mugged very near the Hard Rock Cafe. The mode of this mugging was to pull on a bag and when I turned round I was stabbed in the chest with a knife, while turning. This is a stab first rob later mode of attack. At first I thought I had been punched, my friend held onto her bag and I started to assist only to be slashed with the knife across my right arm - that was when I saw blood spraying out my chest I told her to let the bag go as her head/kneck was closest to the knife. The robber fled with the bag. I think we were marked and then surrounded as some of the "local concerned helpers" were actually trying to pull me clear.

I press 80kgs twice a week so my chest muscles reduced the penetration of the blade and it did not pass the rib cage. I think a slimmer person may have suffered a lung puncture and IF on the heart side of the chest a fatal wound.

It took 30 mins to get to a hospital (City Hospital - very happy with the medics there top job). I was lucky to be able to stand in the road to stop a taxi - several passed after seeing blood - and eventually after being rejected at a private hospital I got mediacal attention.

Of note:

No police anywhere in an iffy area (I think they get a cut to stay away), security at the local venues did nothing....
Very hard to get support people in street or taxis.
This attack valued life at $1000 it was stab to kill first then grab.
The tourist police did not ask ANYTHING about the perpetrator of this crime - all they did was produce a report for an insurance claim.... They have no intention of pursuing criminals, no interest.
As with other posts the tourist police office was a conveyor belt of victims coming in. Of note was a Korean couple who had just been robbed outside the police station 100 meters away, the 6 officers sipping tea seemd not to notice anything worthy of their attention. An NYC man came in 10 minutes later having had his gold chain snatched from his neck - he said he lived in NYC 32 years and this was his first every mugging.

I genuinely feel the police in KL are worse than the criminals because they are ineffective, not present and most likely getting a cut. The politicains are the police masters I wonder how they make so much money.

Malaysia truly Asia (my arse this is a pit of crime)
KL= Killed by Locals.

This place needs avoiding big time. I have travelled Africa, Yemen, SE Asia for nearly 30 years back packer and 5 star, I am not a squeemish person but I genuinely believe this to be THE most dangerous place I have been due to the vast number of incidents and the frequency of them.... its epidemic.

Report @ Free Malaysia Today
Tourist stabbed and mugged in KL
Narinder Singh
 | October 14, 2013
http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/nation/2013/10/14/tourist-stabbed-and-mugged-in-kl/

Lastly, more @ SAYS.com
[SHARE] "KL Is THE Most Dangerous Place I Have Travelled To"


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails




bangsar south bangsar south bangsar south bangsar south bangsar south couple sex couple sex couple sex couple sex couple sex balcony balcony balcony balcony balcony balcony video video video video video video sex sex sex sex sex sex sex jho low 1mdb jho low 1mdb jho low 1mdb jho low 1mdb jho low 1mdb jho low 1mdb jho low