Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Sleep paralysis

*YAWN* going to sleep soon...before that, I just want to share what I chanced upon at The Free Dictionary - 'Sleep paralysis'. It says, 'Sleep paralysis is a condition characterized by temporary paralysis of the body shortly after waking up (known as hypnopompic paralysis) or, less often, shortly before falling asleep (known as hypnagogic paralysis).'

It also gives cultural references to this 'phenomenon', all of them pointing to the spiritual side.

Some of you may have experienced it or heard about it, the Chinese calls it 'pei kwai chak'. Literally, 'give ghost press'. Christians believe this ghost is the spirit of oppression that comes to disturb you in your sleep.

I had experienced it before. Suffice it to say that, my God saved me. Ok, time to sleep tight. Don't let the bed bugs bite. *YAWN*

Picture taken from The Free Dictionary

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I experience this before, then I shouted Jesus help me!

The "thing" gone.

Abit scarie tho...

joshua said...

No other name but the name of Jesus!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails




bangsar south bangsar south bangsar south bangsar south bangsar south couple sex couple sex couple sex couple sex couple sex balcony balcony balcony balcony balcony balcony video video video video video video sex sex sex sex sex sex sex jho low 1mdb jho low 1mdb jho low 1mdb jho low 1mdb jho low 1mdb jho low 1mdb jho low