Tuesday, March 2, 2010

O what a morning! Toyota lack of professionalism to blame!

Around half past seven this morning, after paying RM0.50 at the toll plaza of East-West Expressway, I drove all the way to the middle lane, passing by Petronas and Shell station.

Suddenly, the front lights and dashboard lights went off. The car started slowing down. Immediately, I steered the car to the left. Thank God the car was still moving albeit at a snail pace. Finally, it stopped between the end of the emergency lane and the last lane of the expressway, near the exit of the Shell station.

Called the AAM helpline. After checking my record, the AAM guy told me that my membership had expired. I panicked for a while. Then, he told me that I could still call Road Rangers because my car was insured by AIG. Phew! What a relief! So, he gave me the number to call - 1300883933.

A guy by the name of Alex answered my call. He was very helpful. Took down the details and said the tow truck would be on the way. He estimated that it would arrive between half an hour and forty five minutes, depending on the traffic condition. I accepted his answer.

At almost 8 AM, the tow truck had not arrived but two Samaritans on their motorcycles came to m. They offered to push my car to the side of the highway. Thank God for these two Malay souls. Praise where praise is due, I have had at least two, if not three instances of breakdown where Malay motorists or motorcyclists offered to help and help they did! May Allah bless them!

To cut the story short, the breakdown was due to the lack of professionalism of Toyota Service Centre Cheras. My car was serviced last week Monday on 22 February. A new battery was improperly installed. Reason being it was without a bracket. The customer service guy by the name of Jason failed to clearly tell me during the 'after-service briefing' that I needed to get a bracket to firmly hold the battery in place even though he did open the bonnet to show me the new battery.

So yes, for the past one week, the battery had been 'swaying' to the left and right, up and down until the screw was loosen and the cable clamp was finally disconnected from its post.

Obviously, I went to see Jason of Toyota Service Centre Cheras after the tow truck came and my car was 'alive' again! After showing him the battery without the bracket and telling him of my 'early-morning' predicament, he told me to wait, left and came back with a spanner. He tightened the cable clamp really tight this time. Then, I asked about the bracket. He told me it was out of stock and he needed to order it if I wanted it to be installed. In short, I have to WAIT.
For how long? He couldn't say.

He suggested to me to have it installed by an ordinary mechanic outside Toyota - fast and cheap!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails




bangsar south bangsar south bangsar south bangsar south bangsar south couple sex couple sex couple sex couple sex couple sex balcony balcony balcony balcony balcony balcony video video video video video video sex sex sex sex sex sex sex jho low 1mdb jho low 1mdb jho low 1mdb jho low 1mdb jho low 1mdb jho low 1mdb jho low