Saturday, February 23, 2008

25 tips for a healthy heart.

Got the above info from Samuel Lim, my younger bro. Don't underestimate him. He's much more mature than many who are of his age. He blogs too. Cheers, Samuel!

Doing a self-check now against the 25 tips.
I 'PASS' for:
1. Eat less of milk, cheese and nuts
2. Eat regular meals
3. Drink water throughout the day
4. Take the stairs instead of the elevator or escalator at school (I take the stairs at work!)
5. Quit smoking (Never puffed in my entire life!)
6. Avoid alcohol (Seldom drink, never drunk)
7. Sleep adequately (More than enough, I think. May be deprived of sleep when baby is out!)
8. Work schedule should be regular to avoid too much stress (I am not a workaholic.)
9. Laughter is a good medicine
10. Control diabetes (Thank God, no diabetes but I live by 'kurang manis!')
11. Family history of cardiovascular disease should be known (Dad had mild heart attack...)
12. Love. Give it and receive it (Aiming to love God and my wife. Receiving is almost effortless.)
I 'FAIL' for :
13. Eat more of grains, vegetables, greens, fruits, fish, seeds & yogurt
14. Add garlic to your recipes (When was the last time I cooked?)
15. Beta-carotene rich foods like carrots, cabbage, sweet potatoes and dark leafy greens
16. Reduce sodium intake to no more than 1 1/4 teaspoons of salt per day (How to know?)
17. Switch from coffee to tea (*rolling eyes*)
18. Exercise regularly
19. Do housework
20. Healthy weight should be maintained (Maintaining my middle kingdom!)
21. Blood pressure should be monitored
22. Cholesterol should be monitored
23. Practice stress-reduction techniques such as deep-breathing, Yoga and meditation (Why should I when I do exactly that whenever I sleep!?)
24. Medical check-ups should be done regularly
25. Medication prescribed by Dr. should be taken

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cheryl said you put on weight lah..
:P

joshua said...

Cheryl, if you are reading this, please comment n let me know ur blog too if u have one!

Thanks

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails




bangsar south bangsar south bangsar south bangsar south bangsar south couple sex couple sex couple sex couple sex couple sex balcony balcony balcony balcony balcony balcony video video video video video video sex sex sex sex sex sex sex jho low 1mdb jho low 1mdb jho low 1mdb jho low 1mdb jho low 1mdb jho low 1mdb jho low