Thursday, February 21, 2008

MacroK SMS - the malicious & unscrupulous scammer!

All Maxis postpaid subscribers beware of the External Content Provider called MacroK SMS.

Since October 2007, I 'upgraded' my plan to 'Family Plus' plan with two new supplementary lines for my parents.

MacroK SMS began to send unsolicited SMS to my mother's line in November 2007 and continued doing so in December 2007. My mother is a senior citizen. She only knows how to make and receive calls. She's can't speak nor read English. Certainly, she can't SMS as well. So, how could she have subscribed to the said provider?

I went to the Maxis Centre in SS2 to lodge a complain. Instead of solving my problem, I was asked to call the tel no 0321643273 listed next to the short code 32278. Each time I called on weekdays during office hour, I would be greeted by an automated voice message that ended by asking for my name and contact no with the promise to call me. I NEVER received a call.

My advice to you is to check your itemised billing. Don't get cheated.

MacroK SMS - the malicious & unscrupulous scammer!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my site Joshua. You can call 123, and tell them to bar the short code for MacroK and other external content providers. insist on a refund please.

Anonymous said...

what can i say...sigh...sometime i also receive a lot of rubbish sms

Anonymous said...

MacroK has been a nuisance. I had that experience too. I called both Maxis and MacroK and demanded a refund.I told them failure to process a refund will only lead me to lodge a police report. Also, call Maxis the moment you receive unsolicited sms and report to them. Insist that Maxis block the number.

Anonymous said...

Mohd Zahari
Thanks for knowing that this is a scam, I got my rebet back on the bills... My questions how on Earth this people can be granted by our telecommunication to access our HP numbers and cheat us customer.. I told maxis anything of this kind appears in my bills will lead me to the police station to report on this malicious scammer.

Thanks again for sharing

Best regard to all

Anonymous said...

Its now Oct 2014 and this is still on-going. There are quite a number of complaints but no actions taken. Not sure why this number is not blacklisted.

Anonymous said...

RM0.00. Successful registration. No subscription fee. Price: RM4.00/SMS. 15SMS/Month. Renewal on 19/03/19. To cancel, send STOP MS to 32278.

It's 2019 and still happening.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails




bangsar south bangsar south bangsar south bangsar south bangsar south couple sex couple sex couple sex couple sex couple sex balcony balcony balcony balcony balcony balcony video video video video video video sex sex sex sex sex sex sex jho low 1mdb jho low 1mdb jho low 1mdb jho low 1mdb jho low 1mdb jho low 1mdb jho low