Saturday, September 12, 2009

volsnap.sys: Blue screen @ boot-up - Windows XP


The blue sceen of deat during boot-up.



Image 2.1 (Technical information continue below)

Image 2.2 (continue from Image 2.1)

Solution:
Firstly, you need to boot up from USB hard drive or CD.

Secondly
, select Safe Mode in Boot Menu.

Thirdly:
Copy the backup copy file volsnap.sys is found in C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386


and paste (replace) the volsnap.sys in C:\Windows\System32\drivers

* For more info on problem and solution though unnecessary, click here.

** Note: If you cannot find volsnap.sys, go to Tools menu, and select Folder Options. In View tab, select 'Show hidden files and folders'.

Thank God, Windows is now working fine in my Dell Latitude D520. Oh yes, this problem seems to happen only to Dell computers. ;)

1 comment:

Toshiba Laptop Batteries said...

I completely agree, I have an old homegrown computer at home that works more consistantly than my Dell. I don't know why, but I have had the worst of luck, when working with my Dell. I am glad (for lack of a better term) to know that someone else shares my problem. Good luck with your Dell, and thanks for the information.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails




bangsar south bangsar south bangsar south bangsar south bangsar south couple sex couple sex couple sex couple sex couple sex balcony balcony balcony balcony balcony balcony video video video video video video sex sex sex sex sex sex sex jho low 1mdb jho low 1mdb jho low 1mdb jho low 1mdb jho low 1mdb jho low 1mdb jho low