Friday, January 8, 2010

Matt Redman - Once Again - Thank You for the cross

A song suddenly came to me while I was busy at work. At first, only the tune came but not the words.

Then, I stopped my work and started to hum in my heart, 'La, la, la, la, la, la, la...once again, I thank You...once again, I poured out my life...'

'Ahh...now I know what song is that..,' I thought to myself and began to praise God for His mercy. After that, I felt energised and continued with my work.

I am reminded of Simon Peter, Jesus' disciples when I sing the words of this song:
And once again I look upon the cross where You died
I'm humbled by Your mercy and I'm broken inside
Once again I thank You,
Once again I pour out my life


Late one night, after toiling all night and having caught nothing, Simon and his two other fishermen friends, James and John, decided to throw their nets into the deep because Jesus told Simon to do so. When Simon saw the great multitude of fishes, he fell down at Jesus' knees, saying, 'Depart from me; for I am a sinful man, O Lord.'

Simon must have felt unworthy to receive such a bountiful blessing.

He was humbled by Jesus' mercy and broken inside. Thus, he fell down at Jesus' knees and begged the Lord to depart from Him.

Jesus, in all His mercy, did not reject Simon. Instead, He accepted him and said, And Jesus said unto Simon, 'Fear not; from henceforth thou shalt catch men. '

From that day, Simon, James and John left their nets and followed Him.

The sinless Son of Man came into this world to save the sinful sons of men.



Survivor Records (2005)

Jesus Christ, I think upon Your sacrifice
You became nothing
Poured out to death
Many times, I've wondered at Your gift of life
I'm in that place once again
I'm in that place once again

And once again I look upon the cross where You died
I'm humbled by Your mercy and I'm broken inside
Once again I thank You,
Once again I pour out my life

Now You are exalted to the highest place
King of the Heavens, where one day I'll bow
But for now, I'll marvel at Your saving grace
I'm full of praise once again
I'm full of praise once again

Thank You for the cross
Thank You for the cross
Thank You for the cross, my friend


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails




bangsar south bangsar south bangsar south bangsar south bangsar south couple sex couple sex couple sex couple sex couple sex balcony balcony balcony balcony balcony balcony video video video video video video sex sex sex sex sex sex sex jho low 1mdb jho low 1mdb jho low 1mdb jho low 1mdb jho low 1mdb jho low 1mdb jho low