Saturday, October 16, 2010

Goverment tried to suck RM50 out of Maybank Amex that I did not possess

Ok, I'm not going to talk about the recently-tabled Budget 2010.

Rather, let me tell you how I was a victim of Government's greed. Do you remember the RM50 service tax for card holders announced by Najib when he tabled the Budget 2009?

I got a call from Maybank sometime in April or May 2010. The caller told me that I was offered an Amex card. 'That's cool,' I thought. When asked if I wanted the new card mailed to me or I wanted to personally collect it at a branch, I opted for the latter. Cut the story short, I was too busy to collect it. Also, after much consideration, I decided not to own one. A few weeks later, there was a follow-up call from Maybank to collect the card. I said I wanted to cancel the uncollected new card.

"Case closed," I thought to myself. I was wrong. In June 2010, I received the first statement (Statement Date: 24 Jun 10) from Maybank Amex. To my utter horror, I was charged for 'SERVICE TAX - PRINCIPAL' RM50!

1 comment:

WTJ said...

the card is not activated, shouldn't charge u for that.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails




bangsar south bangsar south bangsar south bangsar south bangsar south couple sex couple sex couple sex couple sex couple sex balcony balcony balcony balcony balcony balcony video video video video video video sex sex sex sex sex sex sex jho low 1mdb jho low 1mdb jho low 1mdb jho low 1mdb jho low 1mdb jho low 1mdb jho low