Monday, November 8, 2010

My Pakistani buddy and I. Lunch buddy @ non-halal Buddy Vegetarian PJ!

His name is Bilal aka as Billy. ;)

I thank God for this good friend, my ex-colleague, who was my lunch buddy. We used to go the Buddy Vegetarian or should I say 'non-halal vegetarian'  Restaurant. Why? Because it was cheap and nice! RM2 lunch!

Though a Muslim, he respects people of other faiths and does not necessarily go for halal-certified food.

One day, a colleague, a Malay wanted to join us  for lunch. We told him that we were going to Buddy Vegetarian Restaurant and asked him if he was OK to eat there. He said no problem. So, off we went.

Once we arrived at the restaurant, we went to the food area. Before ordering, my Malay friend asked the server, 'Is this 'halal?' The server, a Chinese, did not seem to understand his question. Then, my friend asked, 'Can Malay eat?' I tried to explain to the server that my Malay friend was a Muslim and he could not eat pork. The boss at the cashier came to know of my friend's 'predicament' and told my friend that he could eat the food.  Satisfied with the boss' affirmation, he proceeded to order his food.

Well, my friend's reaction as a result of his fear of food not 'halal-certified' really opened my eyes to see the world of difference between a Malaysian-Malay Muslim and a non-Malaysian Muslim! ;)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails




bangsar south bangsar south bangsar south bangsar south bangsar south couple sex couple sex couple sex couple sex couple sex balcony balcony balcony balcony balcony balcony video video video video video video sex sex sex sex sex sex sex jho low 1mdb jho low 1mdb jho low 1mdb jho low 1mdb jho low 1mdb jho low 1mdb jho low