Saturday, March 15, 2008

Disabled Parking @ Tesco Extra Cheras




So far, I have not come across any disabled parking at public places that is as disabled-friendly as the one at Tesco Extra Cheras.

Why? Reason being there's a security guard that has been assigned to ensure that only cars of disabled drivers get to park at any of the six lots located next to the entrance. I've found the security guard to be dedicated to his job. Each time I go there, I will see him at his 'battle station' or its vicinity.

A few days ago, I parked beside the disabled parking bay. While waiting in my car for my wife to come back from shopping, I snapped some photos for the purpose of this post.

Hey people, if you are in Cheras, shop at Tesco Extra. More so, if you are disabled and able to drive! Yeah! Let's hope we'll see more disabled-friendly amenities in the not-so-distant future.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, followed the link from MIND. It is good that you highlight the facilities available at Tesco Extra. Just to clarify some of the terms you used here. It should be called accessible parking, not disabled parking. Facilities that disabled people can use are called accessible facilities, not disabled-friendly facilities. People are only disabled by facilities that do not include their needs.

joshua said...

Hi Peter, thanks for enlighting me by highlighting the term that ought to be used.

I did wonder if there was a better term besides 'disabled'. So, yeah. No intention to offend. If I did, I am sorry.

Anonymous said...

A better term is disabled people rather than just disabled. That is the acceptable terms for now other than people with disabilities. As society evolves, these terms may change too.

Unknown said...

I have never been to Tesco Extra but it's good to know that there are accessible parking facilities there for persons with disabilities. However, I think the management should amend the sign "Khas Untuk Pemandu Kurang Upaya" so that other persons with disabilities, who do not or who are unable to drive, will also be able to use those accessible parking facilities. After all, the universally accepted access sign symbolizes that the accessible parking is for use by an individual on a wheelchair, not necessarily only for a wheelchair user driving a vehicle.

joshua said...

I concur with u, Victor but I guess the tough part is to get the message across to the management. I think Tesco fellows ought to know better.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails




bangsar south bangsar south bangsar south bangsar south bangsar south couple sex couple sex couple sex couple sex couple sex balcony balcony balcony balcony balcony balcony video video video video video video sex sex sex sex sex sex sex jho low 1mdb jho low 1mdb jho low 1mdb jho low 1mdb jho low 1mdb jho low 1mdb jho low