Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Perkasa is a militant Malay group. Now I know! My English is not that good after all. HAHA

@ Malaysiakini
by JOHN R MALOTT was the United States ambassador to Malaysia 1995-1998.

COMMENT When I woke up on Monday morning, I went to the Malaysiakini website and learned that I was the target of a demonstration at the US Embassy.

I didn't know whether to be surprised or honoured. Back when I was ambassador, there were so many demonstrations against the United States - about serious issues.

NONEAnd now the demonstration was about me? Me?

All because I told the truth and called Perkasa a 'militant' group?

And all because Perkasa chief Ibrahim Ali doesn't understand the difference between an adjective and a noun?
This whole issue started because English is not Ibrahim's native language. I don't blame him for the fact that he doesn't understand the nuances of English. It is not his native language. I wish I knew more Bahasa Melayu.

But before you go on a two-week rant and call me "tolol" (dumb) and "bodoh" (stupid) and lead a demonstration against the American embassy, at least get your facts straight.

It seems Ibrahim doesn't care. He is milking his ignorance for everything it is worth. It seems he loves his moment in the sun, before all the microphones.

I called Perkasa a militant Malay group, which it is. When I used the word “militant”, it was an adjective. It means “aggressive in character” or "fighting hard for your cause", for example, like a “militant human rights activist”.

Ibrahim should have accepted that as a compliment.

(Source: Mkini - Support Mkini - Subscribe to Mkini!)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails




bangsar south bangsar south bangsar south bangsar south bangsar south couple sex couple sex couple sex couple sex couple sex balcony balcony balcony balcony balcony balcony video video video video video video sex sex sex sex sex sex sex jho low 1mdb jho low 1mdb jho low 1mdb jho low 1mdb jho low 1mdb jho low 1mdb jho low