Sunday, August 1, 2010

Taking Justice Seriously - Anwar Ibrahim's speech at the 15th Malaysia Law Conference

Now that the 15th Malaysian Law Conference has come to a close, Anwar Ibrahim and the Bar Council organising committee are making light the controversy caused by the opposition leader's presence at the conference. Anwar Ibrahim is the first parliamentary opposition leader to be invited to close the three-day conference.

anwar ibrahim at 2010 law conference
In his speech, titled “Taking Justice Seriously”, Anwar commended the Bar Council for inviting him despite the repercussions.
“Perhaps that was an understatement,” he laughed. “Really, I should say that words cannot convey my profound appreciation for the ‘slings and arrows of outrageous fortune’ that your organisation had to suffer by inviting me.
“I see it as a mark of conviction and fortitude that you have stood your ground in the face of adversity.
“Therefore, I mean it in the truest sense, when I say that I am greatly honoured to be here to give my humble address to such a distinguished audience,” he added.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails




bangsar south bangsar south bangsar south bangsar south bangsar south couple sex couple sex couple sex couple sex couple sex balcony balcony balcony balcony balcony balcony video video video video video video sex sex sex sex sex sex sex jho low 1mdb jho low 1mdb jho low 1mdb jho low 1mdb jho low 1mdb jho low 1mdb jho low