Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Taib to Chinese: I gave you four-lane roads. Take it or leave it. I love you, k

Aidila Razak
Apr 13, 11
11:07pm
 
Two days left into the Sarawak poll campaign, and Sarawak Chief Minister Abdul Taib Mahmud has blown his top over what he characterised was DAP's smear campaign against him.

NONESpeaking to 800 people from Chinese local associations in Kuching, Taib said he is "fed up" with the opposition's slander and lies, warning the crowd, too, that they would lose out if they do not "vote wisely".

"I am fed up with DAP's allegation that I help rich people so I can get money.

"I am rich enough, and with due respect, clever enough to do anything.

"If I compete in business, I can (do so) with anyone. If I can run a country (sic), I can very well run a small or big business," he spat out candidly.

In what appeared to be a moment of catharsis, Taib added that he was "very, very unhappy with DAP propaganda" which has portrayed him as a "devil" who has not developed Sarawak.

"That is the issue of the election. They don't discuss government policy - all (just) lies and accusations.

"It doesn't matter to me. It doesn't matter to me at all. I'm about to retire, but what matters is what happens in the future.

"If the Chinese don't participate in looking after this country, you will be the one who will lose the most," he said by way of warning to the community.
S'wakians better off than those in other states'

Reiterating that he is 'clean', Taib, who was seen jovial after the speech, said that he did not just favour the privileged few, as alleged, but had helped many.

"Some succeeded and some did not. Those who succeeded I must take care so that the country (is looked after)," he said.

He explained that it was always his intention to bring up Sarawakian businessmen so that they can take the lion's share of the economy instead of letting those from outside the state or country to help themselves to Sarawak's resources.

"The chief minister has to get people to come up or I have go give it away to people outside of Sarawak," he said.

Raising his voice to an almost yelling pitch, Taib said that there is no other state where "locals get better work, better pay, better profits and better share than outsiders".

"Can this continue? We will see. I will retire in two or three years' time.

"Their campaign is dirty. I want you to know don't (leave) BN for some 'shouting slogans' (party) from Peninsular Malaysia," he said.
'Parting words of love'

Calling the speech his "parting words" to a community he loves, Taib said that if he was evil like how the opposition makes out, then Kuching would not be so developed.

"When I got here there was nothing, just two-lane roads and now there are four lanes and you don't even realise.

"Take it or leave it. I am retiring in two years. This is my parting words because I love you," he said.
Taib Mahmud has apparently began his speech saying that he would quit in "two or three years' time" before ending it with "two years".
Met later for further comment on claims that he is 'clean', however, Taib only said, "Malaysiakini? Useless. You only twist my words" before walking away.

While Taib let off steam on stage, those at the back of the hall were heard talking about the long-serving CM.

Approached later, some admitted to not having heard what the septuagenarian said as the sound system was not good.

'Will Taib step down in two years?'


A man who only wanted to be known as Mr Wong, however, said he heard Taib loud and clear but disagree with the CM's views.

"I heard that there are three secondary schools (near here) which needed school buses to take them for recreational activities. They wrote to the government but never received it.

"But these 1Malaysia dinners have 100 tables with 100 lucky draws, put the cost together and you could have gotten a bus," he said.

Another man, 'Mr Lee', said that while what Taib said is partly true, the government needs to heed the people's demands.

On Taib's announcement that he will retire in two years, he said: "That is what he is saying but the people are still waiting and seeing. Of course, the opposition wants him out, but I hope we can find a solution that will improve the state."

DAP and PKR are said to be leading in urban majority-Chinese seats, where its rallies are attracting crowds by the thousands.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails




bangsar south bangsar south bangsar south bangsar south bangsar south couple sex couple sex couple sex couple sex couple sex balcony balcony balcony balcony balcony balcony video video video video video video sex sex sex sex sex sex sex jho low 1mdb jho low 1mdb jho low 1mdb jho low 1mdb jho low 1mdb jho low 1mdb jho low